Donate to our Dream

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 9

11/6/16

Hello little bug!

This week has been quite a week of up-and-down! You definitely know how to make me worry already about you! Last weekend we had to have some blood tests drawn and doctors are weird. You will learn that quickly, but they speak and use of weird terms and don't really give full answers and tend to just kind of say… let's wait and see. And one never really knows what that means. So anyways, we got a blood test done and the doctor wasn't sure about your numbers and said that maybe it would be best to just come in for an ultrasound. Well bug, your mama was a nervous wreck all week. Because of course the numbers and everything came through on Sunday and they could not get us in until Thursday. Little bug, the anxiety I feel and the worry I feel for you is so great and so vast and I know that if I did not have God to rely on, I don't know how it would make it through the day.

I would say that Tuesday was the worst day for me, the anxiety got absolutely horrible and I think I did end up making myself feel physically ill from it. But Thursday came around, and we got to see you on that ultrasound. You were there, body surfing or something, and we got to see those movements. We also got to see the start of your little arms and what looked like a little wave at us. It's like you were saying, chill mom I'm right here and I'm just fine. It was what this mama's heart needed. But anytime you feel like you would like to get those numbers higher to stop making the doctors make mama worried, I would be totally fine. We also got to see your little hands and what looked like you covering your face, apparently you're a bit camera shy. 

Even with all the anxiety and worry, it has been a fantastic week. Because quite honestly, every week I have with you is absolutely amazing and fantastic. Every day I wake up so grateful and blessed to have you in our lives and to be your mom. I can't even begin to describe the emotions and the feelings that come with being your mom and having you in my stomach growing day after day. I love you my sweet little bug and I hope that you always know that. I may not always get things right as your mom, but I can definitely say that I will always love you and if you grow up feeling loved, I will consider that a victory.

According to the apps, you are about the size of a cherry. 








Apparently there are some pretty big cherries out there, because you are about an inch big. You still weigh less than an ounce, but you have all of your essential body parts! And we got to see quite a few of those with your little arms and hands and feet. 



And I'm pretty sure that primitive tail you had before is gone, I did not see any evidence of that this week! It also says that your eyes are already formed but that your eyelids will stay closed until sometime in second or third tri to protect them! 






It is so cool to think about the fact that you now have eyes and all the things that those eyes will see in your lifetime. I can't wait to see your eyes and to be able to just look at you and have that time together.

 That is it for today little bug. No more anxiety and worry!

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment