Donate to our Dream

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 19

1/15/17

Hello little bug!

This week is bringing great excitement in our house. We have started cleaning out the room that will become yours and to be honest, we are starting to think about rearranging our entire house so that it fits the needs of our family! We also get to start our birthing classes this week and are very excited for that!

We have decided to do the Bradley method of birthing classes, so for the next 12 weeks, your dad and I will be learning all about how to best take care of you now and during your birth! It is an amazing feeling that we are at this point and I can't believe that my next letter to you will be when you are halfway finished in the womb! The time appears to be flying by!!! 

People all around are getting very excited to hear updates about you and to know what is happening. All these letters that mommy has written to you she is putting in to her blog. I have kept a blog for a very long time, with our journey to meeting you. And someday when you're older, we hope to share this blog with you. We want you to know how very very loved you are and how much you are wanted and cherished. Will probably have to explain where your college fund went to so that will be a part of it. Just kidding, we restarted your fund! 

Your dad and I still like to use the Doppler a couple of times during the week to hear your little heartbeat. I still can't feel any movement, so it is nice to hear that little heartbeat and know that you are moving around and seem to be doing quite well in there! 

According to the app, you are just shy of 6 inches long and weigh about a half a pound! That makes you about the size of a large mango or a sweet potato or according to one app an old-school GameBoy. You probably will have no idea what a game boy is but for mommy's generation, it was pretty sweet stuff. They say that your lips are working on sucking motions and that you can make kisses and suck your thumb now! I can't wait to be able to give you kisses and hugs and cuddle with you and love you. Although if you're anything like mommy, you will be fierce and independent and so I will have to get my cuddles in early!

I feel like we have some exciting weeks ahead little bug! Birthing classes this week, we get another ultrasound of you next week and a chance to measure and make sure everything is right on track, and then the following week we are having a party to see whether you are a little boy bug or a little girl bug! I still think you might be a little boy bug, but more recently I started having girl feelings, so we shall see!

I love you little bug and I am looking forward to hitting that halfway milestone next week!

Love you, 

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment