Donate to our Dream

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 20-Halfway!

1/22/17

Hello and good morning precious little bug!

Today is a super exciting day and a pretty big milestone, we have made it to halfway! I am still working on the processing of the fact that we are halfway to meeting you and that we have made it this far with you. It is so crazy to think that your only job right now is basically to get bigger and grow. Most everything is already in place and you are a tiny little person. According to the apps, the way that they measure you changes now. The old way, crown to rump, says that you are about 6 1/2 inches long. But the new way, because your legs are straightened out so they can measure you from head to toe, says that you are about 10 inches long. So basically you are about the size of a banana!

Your dad and I have jokingly been calling you are banana baby all day. Maybe this will stick, who knows! Is there such a thing as a banana bug? I am guessing that is something like a fruit fly, so maybe banana bug isn't a good term. 

We have started to get ready and prepare for your arrival! This last week we started taking birthing classes in preparation for trying to have the birth that we want. It is very exciting to think about the fact that every day I am working on preparing my body for birth just like I did to prepare it for you to be put into my body. The class is also exciting to me because it is 12 weeks and really focuses on letting nature do it's thing and hopefully we can enjoy a medication free and uncomplicated birth.

We have also started the process of choosing a theme for your nursery and rearranging rooms to prepare for your arrival! The way we have our house set up right now, is not very middle of the night wake up friendly. So we are rearranging sleeping spaces to make it so that it is the best set up for you. We are very excited to start getting things for your nursery and putting the stuff we have away!

We took time today to listen to your little heartbeat and it is always the highlight of my week! You also seem to like listening to the belly buds. I don't know if you can actually hear the music or comprehend what it is, but you seem to move around and enjoy, maybe enjoy, the music. I really hope that you are in music lover, because your dad and I both are and music is a big part of our life. Whether you play instrument or you sing or you dance, I hope music is part of your life too.

I have also been praying and trying to listen for what your life verse will be. I really want to give you a verse that can follow you through your whole life and let you know that God is good and he can't be trusted in all situations. There are many versus throughout the Bible that would be good life versus and I just haven't been able to settle on one and so I have patiently been waiting for God to speak to me. I feel like in church today, he did just that. I feel like he is leading me towards Proverbs 3:5-6, which reads "trust in the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your being. Lean not on your own understanding." This has been an important verse in my life over the last many many years, and I feel like it is going to be an important person in your life. We haven't completely settled on this verse, but for now, this is your verse. 

According to the apps, you are just working on sucking and swallowing and perfecting those skills. You were also getting eyelashes and other minute features and maybe even some hair! We are so excited to see you on Thursday and can't believe that we are to the point where we are hoping to get good pictures of you! Thursday is also a big day because we are going to check out daycares for you! It is such a huge decision, deciding who you will spend many hours a day with, so we want to decide early. We want to pick just the right daycare and just the right place for you and I know that it is not going to be an easy decision. So here is looking forward to Thursday, and a jam packed day of ultrasounds, daycares, and birthing class!

Halfway to seeing your little face and getting more excited every day!

Love,

Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment