Donate to our Dream

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 22-It's a ......

2/5/17

Hello my sweet baby boy!

I cannot believe that I am able to write baby boy, because we now know that you are a little boy! Each passing week makes you feel just a little bit more, I don't know the right words, but real and here and with us. I know you have been with us this entire time, but as each week passes and we began to get closer to your arrival, the feeling of realness just grow. I continue to tell everybody that I am surprised and shocked that we are to this point, but that really is the truth. Every passing week I am grateful that you are here with us and it continues to be a surreal experience.

This past week has been such an amazing week my sweet little boy. We found out that you were a little boy and shared with all of our family and friends. Everybody is so very very excited for you! We got to have a party last Friday night and so many family members came! You had grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, cousins, and more! It was so much fun to be able to celebrate you joining our family and becoming one of us. Congratulations, you are one of us, be prepared! You are surrounded in so much love and everybody knows that you are a blessing from God. I hope you always remember that little bug, you are a blessing from God. 

Your dad and I also got to finish your baby registry this weekend and we had so much fun picking out things that we hope you will use in the future. We decided on a crib and a car seat and so much more. I can I believe how much trouble I had deciding on these things, because they're the only crib or car seat or other equipment that you will ever have. It felt like such big decisions, but they are made! We also went shopping for clothing. Your dad was able to finally embrace you coming into our family and not having to worry about jinxing it! I have to admit, I still worry about this but it is getting easier. We found you so many cute outfits and they were all on sale! You will learn quickly that your mom loves a good sale. My motto is, never pay full price, it will go on sale! As we went from store to store, with each outfit we picked out for you and purchased, I teared up a bit because I'm so happy. I can envision you in each of these outfits and it made everything just a little bit more real. Maybe what made it even more real, is when we brought everything home, we cleaned out the room that will be your nursery. I then got to hang all of these clothing items, along with gifts that people have already given you, in the closet. Your closet now has baby things and it just makes my heart so happy to look at. I am so overwhelmed and filled with joy at the thought that in just a few short months, we will be putting you in that nursery! I can't begin to describe my feelings about bringing you home and having you in our arms. I am just so absolutely excited to meet you and Love dreaming about your future! 

This week we also had our follow-up scan because you are already a very independent little person, and did not enjoy having your pictures taken last time. We got to see your tiny little nose and lips, that beating little heart that we love looking at, and your overall profile again. I just love looking at you and seeing you on the monitor. You were still being quite independent and not moving around for the tech, so I think that you will have strong leadership skills and hopefully never be a follower! Unless of course, you are a follower of Jesus, I always hope that for  you!!!

According to the apps, you are getting quite large! You are somewhere between 16 and 20 ounces, which is hard to believe. You have made it to a full pound! You are about the size of a spaghetti squash or a guinea pig or a coconut! That is getting to be quite large and makes me super excited! I have been able to feel you moving around more and that is always fun. Your dad is waiting to be able to feel you kick on the outside, but he is doing really great at being patient. We have started reading stories to you at night and enjoy our little family reading time. Hopefully you will have a love for reading just like I do. The app say that you can now hear things going on both inside my body and outside, so hopefully you are enjoying the stories your dad picks out! The apps also say that you are working on all of your motor skills and grabbing whatever you can, which apparently is only your umbilical cord and your own body parts, but soon you'll be able to grasp so much more!

We love you so much little bug. I can't even comprehend the love I have for you or describe it, but just know that you are totally loved. Looking forward to watching you continue to grow inside my belly and counting down the days until we see you!

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment