Donate to our Dream

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 26


3/5/17

Good morning baby E!!!

It feels weird to start using your actual name rather than just calling you my little bug. Your dad and I are making a conscious effort this week to start calling you by your name, because otherwise you may grow up and think that your name really is bug! We are at the end of second trimester and I cannot believe that in just a few short days, we will be heading into 3rd trimester and the homestretch to finally meeting you on the outside! I have such mixed feelings about it. I am so incredibly excited to see you and hold you outside in my arms and to finally get to meet you face-to-face. On the other hand there is A little bit of sadness at the fact that I will now have to share you with the whole world. There's something special about knowing that I am the only one who has held you, and felt your movements, and have literally been connected to you. As much as I have excitement at sharing you with the world, a small part of me also wishes I could keep you to myself forever.

We are getting really excited at our house because all of your things have started arriving. This week your car seat is coming and the recliner rocker for your bedroom is also on its way! It feels so cool to see all of these things, and to envision using each one with you. Your grandma Kathy, who wants to go by Mimi so I will have to work on that, and your aunt Katie have been busily working on baby shower celebrations for you. Your aunt Katie can go a little above and beyond, so you will always have the best celebrations and birthdays and life events. You will get used to her and know how much she loves you! I am looking forward to just having all of our family and friends together so that we can celebrate you and the excitement that you are bringing into our lives. We are so very very thankful to God and so very odd and his amazing and perfect planning. If I could have a celebration for you, it would be not just a baby shower, but a thank you God shower! 

According to the apps, you are steadily and rapidly gaining weight. Somewhere between one and a half and 2 1/2 pounds! That's a lot of baby in there! You are also around 13 inches long and continue to gain weight. Everything has started coming online as far as your body organs and functions go, but they still need time to mature, so your arrival is not yet ready! The app also says that your senses are becoming more and more functional and you can now open your eyes and see the world! Well, whatever the world looks like inside of your tiny little water bubble! Your dad and I have really been working at night to read to you and also just talk to you and share our favorite music. Your dad really loves sharing Kenny Chesney, I hope you are a country fan so you guys can share that! I have enjoyed sharing my favorite praise and worship songs with you and songs that get me through tough days! I really really hope that you enjoy music and worship as much as I do. We can share that common bond!

Well sweet bug, I will say goodbye for now, and I can't believe that the next time I write you it will be third trimester! Love you so much little bug!


Love, 

Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment