Donate to our Dream

Monday, May 15, 2017

Letters to Bug-Week 34

4/30/2017

Good morning Little Mr. Eli!

34 weeks! I can't believe that we are just 42 short days away from meeting you! We have been working hard on getting all of your new things put away from your baby shower and getting your nursery set up! It is starting to look finished and I couldn't be more excited! We still have some small things to pick out, like a rug and curtains. But all of the major things are done. It is crazy to think how far we have come! When I walked into your room yesterday, for the very first time, I could envision you in that room. I could think about the fact that I could be coming into that room to pick you up in the morning and get you ready for your day. I was able to envision our life together and that is something that I have really struggled with so far. It was kind of overwhelming, but in a totally great way!

This week we start our weekly doctor's appointments. Because mom has just gestational diabetes, our appointments are more frequent and involve a lot more! We will be going in for what is called an NST, where they basically just measure your heart rate and everything to make sure all is good. We will also be having a BPP, which is an ultrasound that will tell us how well you are moving and breathing and doing the things your supposed to. Then we will meet with the doctor and go over all the results. So while typically it should only be a 10 minute appointment, but ours are looking more like an hour and a half to two hours!

It is so fun to continue to read about your development every week. It truly is the highlight of your dad and my day! The apps say that you could be up to 19 or more inches now and weighing in at well over 5 pounds! I guess we will see how accurate that is on Wednesday! It also says that if you were born today, everything is working and functioning and doing well including your immune system, but not quite your lungs yet! A really cool fact, is that your pupils are dilating and constricting now based on light! Every single week, you become more and more like an outside baby! Your dad and I just can't wait to see all of this when you are born!

Well bug, that is all I know for today. Looking forward to meeting you and continually dreaming about you daily! Speaking of dreaming, I should mention, your dad has been having lots of dreams about labor, delivery, and life with you! I would say that he is getting pretty excited!

Love you little bug!

Love, 

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment