Donate to our Dream

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

About Us

This is the story of two people who fall in love, get married, and decide to start a family. They say a picture is worth 1000 words so in my opinion a video must be worth at least 10,000. Here is a little video about us :)


Nobody ever thinks that they're going to experience problems with infertility or the inability to have children. I know in my family there are a lot of kids, and and it seems like very few people had trouble having their kids, so we figured we would be no different. We met in the summer of 2009, we are an eHarmony love story. We enjoyed traveling around the country and even traveled to Panama where we were engaged in January 2010. It was definitely a whirlwind romance of love and laughter and knowing that we wanted to spend our lives together. We came home, decided we wanted a Fall wedding, and chose the date for September of that year. Many people asked if I was pregnant since we were getting married so fast, it was funny at the moment and now it just seems ironic. After 3 years of marriage, in October of 2013, we decided it was time to start a family. We had our fur babies, Buddy and Chase, but we were ready for a human baby.

Jeff had just taken a new position working in Iowa and I was finishing up getting our house ready to be sold in Minnesota. We figured our lack of luck those first few months were probably due to the fact that we only saw each other Friday to Sunday, so no big deal. Then in May 2014 we moved to Wisconsin, together, and figured that we would finally have our baby. Six months later and still no luck. I am really starting to wonder if there is such a thing as two pink lines.

We made an appointment to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) in November of 2014. This is basically somebody who specializes in fertility. Over the course of the next month, Jeff and I gave many tubes of blood, had lots of diagnostic testing done, and met with the doctor many times. At the end of all the testing, it was found out that I have PCOS (more on that at a different time), a thyroid problem, and a blocked tube. I started a medication for the thyroid problem and within a month my levels were back to normal, hallelujah. I am also really watching my diet and making sure to get exercising and have been continually losing weight hoping that that will make a difference with the PCOS. There's nothing that can be done about the blocked tube. They could try and unblock it, but chances are it would probably just re-block and would set us back even more time. So now we are looking to try a couple of medicated cycles and will see what happens.

I plan to continue to update the blog as we go along and let people know how are doing and where we're at. Thanks for joining me on this part of the journey and hopefully it will end in that baby carriage that I have been longing for for so long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with infertility, it's heartbreaking but it sounds like you've gotten some answers and that's reassuring. Baby center has some good online groups but I got a lot more out of a infertility group that met monthly. Here's a link to WI's page...
    http://www.resolve.org/support/support-group/wisconsin-support-groups.html
    I've known quite a few people who've had success going paleo that have conquered PCOS. I had good luck with 2 blocked tubes doing an HSG and I only had to pay a copay, might be worth a shot.
    Best of luck to you and praying you'll have that baby quick and this will all be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete